5 Effective Tips on How to Protect Your Natural Hair
For girls with naturally curly or wavy hair, styling their hair can be a big challenge. No matter how hard you try to revive your curls, sometimes they just don't hold. In this blog post, I'll explain what I do to my hair to make sure it retains moisture and looks good all day long.First, wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and follow it up with a good conditioner.
- First, wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and follow it up with a good conditioner. You should try our Mixed Chicks Sulfate-Free Shampoo that’s free from sulfates that’ll surely clean your curly hair.
- If your curls are dry, go for a hydrating conditioner like Tgin Rose Water Hydrating Conditioner which keeps your hair moisturized and shiny at the same time.
- Use the right amount of product: too much will weigh down the curls while not enough won't give them enough moisture or shine.
- Rinse thoroughly afterward (this will prevent residue build-up) but don't rub excessively as this can cause frizziness in curly hair!
After you have conditioned your hair, rinse with hot water for about 2 minutes.
Once you have conditioned your hair, rinse with hot water for about 2 minutes. This will open the cuticles of your hair so that the conditioner can penetrate deeper into the shaft of your curls and remove dirt, oil, and buildup. Hot water also helps to remove dirt and oil from your hair by opening up the cuticles (which causes each curl to stretch out).
Rinse out all the water from your hair and add a generous amount of curl cream, apply it through the length of the hair.
After rinsing out all the water from your hair and adding a generous amount of Mielle Organics Brazilian Cocktail Curl Cream, apply it through the length of the hair. Don“t forget to put some on your ends! The best way to do this is with a microfiber towel or cotton t-shirt. I prefer using my hands when styling my curls because they tend to be quite damp after applying the product and they need time to dry before styling. Let it air dry for at least 30 minutes (more if you have thick or kinky curls).You can use a microfiber towel or an old cotton t-shirt to squeeze out excess moisture from the hair
Once you’ve washed your hair, it’s important to remove excess water. You can use our softees microfiber towels to quickly dry your hair. Using a towel will be a bit more effective at removing water because of its texture, but if you prefer something softer and less abrasive on your curls, consider using an old t-shirt instead.
Finish off the process by applying a nourishing styling gel to add hold to your curls.
- Use a lightweight, alcohol-free gel. As you’ve already learned from the products above, applying heavy gels to curly hair can cause more harm than good. Go for a lightweight formula that won't weigh down your curls and make them look greasy.
- Look for water-based ingredients. A water-based formula will help moisturize dry curls, keeping them soft and shiny instead of frizzy and crunchy.
- Choose a product formulated specifically for curly hair types or dry hair types—not both! If your goal is hydration, then seek out a product formulated specifically with hydrating ingredients like shea butter or glycerin; if your goal is the definition and hold, then choose one with humectants like panthenol (provitamin B5) or glycerin; if you need both definitions and hydration? Look no further than an all-in-one product like DevaCurl's Set It Free Styling Cream!
First, make sure that your hair is damp and then start applying Camille Rose Curl Maker from root to tip. After that, use a wide tooth comb to distribute the product evenly through your curls.
Then, take out the diffuser attachment from your hair dryer/curling iron and place it on top of your head. This will help create beautiful waves in your locks!
Once you’re ready for bedtime or work out the kinks with a little bit more curl maker in strategic areas of your hair—you can use it sparingly if you have fine tresses or go crazy if you have thick curls!
The best way to get curls that look fresh is to start with a clean slate.
- Wash hair with a sulfate-free shampoo
- Condition hair with a good conditioner
- Rinse with hot water for 2 minutes
- Rinse out all the water from your hair
- Add generous amount of curl cream (I used 'curl cream' which is basically leave-in conditioner)
People in the know say that Camille Rose Naturals products have been a go-to for curly hair for over 10 years. So it’s no surprise that their curl maker is a favorite among those with naturally curly hair. It’s a pomade that can be used to style your curls to perfection, and it also helps hydrate and nourishes them, so they are bouncy from root to tip. To use this product, simply pull your freshly washed curls into a ponytail (we recommend styling the hair when damp) and apply a small amount of the cream to the ends of your hair. Next, take each strand out of the ponytail one at a time and twist it around your finger - this will help add more definition to your curl pattern. You can find these products and more at the Curly Gurl Luv Beauty Supply Store in Lawndale.